Daily Verse

Monday, February 19, 2007

the bigger the vision

In an effort to start each week out on the right foot, I will be sharing the thoughts of others who are much more intelligent and insightful than I, with the hope that their words encourage and challenge you as much as they have me.
This week I want to share a thought from Andy Stanley's book Visioneering which I have referenced in some of my prior posts:


"The bigger the vision, the more important it is that your faith be grounded in His ability, not yours. The bigger the vision, the more pressure you will feel to take credit for your success. Before God can entrust you with the rewards that accompany success, you must be dependant. He brings you to that place by stretching and even straining your faith. But as the capacity of your faith increases, so too your potential to pass along to Him the glory He deserves.

So be encouraged. The agony you are experiencing is normal. The loneliness you are feeling is to be expected. The sleepless nights when you stare up at the ceiling and think, "What have I gotten myself into?" are part of the process. All of those experiences will ultimately lead you to the conclusion, "God, if you don’t come through, I’m sunk!" And that is exactly where he wants you to be-and stay. For this reason, men and women of vision are men and women of faith. And through their faith, God is honored. "


2 comments:

n2J said...

I like his writing. I gotta read that book. For some reason, now seems to be the appropriate time.

HOOKM14 said...

I love the way he writes. Perhaps because it's easy reading. He writes on somewhat of a simple to process level, which works great for me.

Get the book. It will blow your mind to reflect on what God has been doing in your life.










© 2007. All Rights Reserved.
 

I Was Thinking...

"If your vision is for a year, plant wheat. If your vision is for ten years, plant trees. If your vision is for a lifetime, plant people."

ShoutBox


Designed