Daily Verse

Friday, March 9, 2007

the F’s of success vs significance


As we journey through life, It is my hope that we each have weighed the importance of the pursuit of Significance in our own lives. A few months back I heard these and have spent a good deal of time meditating over them and their impact on how I live my life.

The three F’s we concern ourselves with when seeking success are:


1. Fame
2. Fans
3. Fortune


Let me start with, “there is absolutely nothing wrong with success” assuming that all else has not been sacrificed in its pursuit. If I take pause for a moment and really dig into those three words getting past the “American Idol” concept of Fame, Fans, and Fortune, it is not far fetched to personalize where my attention has been placed both past and present. As a society we are SUCCESS crazed as we watch time and time again the lives of those who in all appearances have reached the pinnacle of the three F’s and their lives are destroyed. The tragedy with the Three F’s of Success can be that they are all about “ME”.

The Three F’s we concern ourselves when seeking significance are:

1. Faith
2. Family
3. Friends


There is no doubt a difference in the focus off attention as well as the long term impact of that focus. See our investment in Faith, Family, and Friends has a compounding interest over time. It is so much bigger than the “ME” of the Success F’s.

Although I could spend hours on this subject, I hope to give you a little something to chew on over the weekend.

Be in Church with God’s people on Sunday.

See ya Monday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So apparently I have been a part of satans underworld for awhile then. We started this awhile ago to keep the family up to date with all the "happenings" in Oregon....but there's no way I can stop it now =).

I saw on your profile you like Kutless...2 of them came out of our church here (b-4 my time) but they have been in a couple of sunday's while on a break. I do know several of the guys from "Falling Up"....both bands a product of Albany. Great musicians but even cooler dudes! I've made some good contacts over here...but am looking forward to our return and this new adventure God has for us!

Bob Hines said...

This is an interesting comparrison. I will look forward to seeing you develop the subjects of faith, family, and friends in the future.

HOOKM14 said...

Scott can't wait to see you guys again and to have you back home.

Good 1ce, there will certainly be a follow up post on this subject. Probably more than one. Hope you are enjoying Cali. It will be 70 here tomorrow.










© 2007. All Rights Reserved.
 

I Was Thinking...

"If your vision is for a year, plant wheat. If your vision is for ten years, plant trees. If your vision is for a lifetime, plant people."

ShoutBox


Designed