Daily Verse

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

an interesting poll

In 1940 it was reported that the top seven major problems in our public schools where:

1. Talking out of turn
2. chewing gum
3. making noise
4. running in the halls
5. cutting in line
6. violating dress code
7. littering.

Today’s poll shows the top seven major problems are:

1. Drug abuse
2. alcohol abuse
3. pregnancy
4. suicide
5. rape
6. robbery
7. assault.

Is it me, or does that reek of secularism and the strategic removal of God from our school system?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just you! Pretty amazing to see the disparity. Scott

Dionna said...

Yikes! That doesn't surprise me - but it's still shocking to see the huge difference.

Alaskagirl said...

I'm with Dionna. The poll doesn't shock me either. I don 't see too much of the decline in kindergarten, but I hear stories from the high school. It's very sad!

phillycheese said...

It's them derned liberals and thier commie ways... no wait, I thought no child was supposed to be left behind? Or is that the navy seals motto? I'm confused

hot potato said...

the whole thing freaks me out!

SPARKY said...

so glad they got prayer removed & sex education (including the distribution of condoms for "safe sex") added. God bless america!
NOW ask me why i've said i would love to home school. hmmmmmm.
guess that's all the more reason for Godly people to have children. hopefully raise the next generation to be warriors for God and undo the damage that's been done.










© 2007. All Rights Reserved.
 

I Was Thinking...

"If your vision is for a year, plant wheat. If your vision is for ten years, plant trees. If your vision is for a lifetime, plant people."

ShoutBox


Designed